$2.00 from every purchase of RCTees‘ Real Men Love Cats design is going to Much Love Animal Rescue for the entire month of July.
Real Men Love Cats is one of Jackson’s favorite tees and features Abby, the star of the RC TEES company. Mark and Toni, owners of RC TEES, rescued Abby over 6 years ago and she has become very popular with their customers.
So…do you know a real man who needs this shirt?
Or a woman who wants to send a real man a message?
Real Men Love Cats comes in short sleeve, long sleeve, men’s sizes, women’s sizes, all kinds of colors, and can be shipped internationally.
Like RCTees on Facebook
Why Jackson Digs Much Love Animal Rescue
Much Love Animal Rescue exists to rescue abused, neglected and homeless animals from the streets and shelters of Los Angeles and place them in loving homes. Much Love is a 100% non-profit organization run entirely by dedicated volunteers who offer their time and resources to house, train, transport and care for these animals. Since its inception in 1999, Much Love has placed over 3,000 animals into loving homes.
Much Love is dedicated to the following goals:
- Rescuing stray animals from animal shelters who have not been adopted and are scheduled to be euthanized. Much Love takes the animals who have been in the shelters the longest and will die unless rescued.
- Securing a no-kill facility where rescued pets can be safely sheltered without the threat of euthanization until we find adoptive parents for them.
- Providing medical care to neglected, abused and injured animals
- Rehabilitating hard-to-adopt animals and finding them loving homes
- Promoting the importance of spaying and neutering pets in order to drastically reduce the number of unwanted animals on the street (It’s the LAW in Los Angeles to spay and neuter your pets!!!)
- Educating children and adults alike on responsible pet guardianship
Why we do it
- 4 million animals are killed in the shelters each year in the United States.
- That is 300,000 a month
- Over 11,000 each day
- Much Love works tirelessly to decrease this statistic.
What we do
Our primary focus is finding safe, loving homes for unwanted, neglected and/or abused animals. We rescue dogs and cats from Los Angeles area shelters who could be loving pets, but are about to be put to sleep due to overcrowding, illness or disease.
Much Love spays or neuters every animal we take in, gives them required innoculations and microchips each animal to ensure if they are ever lost, we will always be contacted.
Much Love takes particular care in placing our animals, pure and mixed breed alike. Our screening process includes a an application, a visit to the potential owner’s home to ensure the home and family is compatible with the pet’s needs and our requirements and a signed detailed contract obliging them to give the animal a loving home.
How we do it
Much Love is run by volunteers who are dedicated to raising funds, fostering and caring for the animals and participating in weekend mobile adoptions until homes are found for these amazing pets.
Much Love also relies heavily on our foster program which introduces animals into a family environment and gives them the love they crave. All of our cats are in foster homes and our dogs are either in foster homes or doggie daycares.
Like Much Love on Facebook (what’s not to like, right?)
Also check out their Strut Your Mutt fundraiser!
Strut Your Mutt Los Angeles, September 22 at Pan Pacific Park
We regret that Jackson does not answer questions posted in the comments. This is due to his demanding schedule and the high volume of requests he receives. But most importantly, since he has not met your cat, it would be contrary to his approach for him to give specific personalized advice for your specific situation. That being said, general questions and issues are addressed throughout this blog, in his book CAT DADDY and of course, the show My Cat From Hell.