Hey Seattle! Jackson is headed your way for Catapalooza!
What is Catapalooza?
Catapalooza is the Seattle Humane Society’s cat adoption extravaganza and it’s happening this weekend: Saturday, August 10 and Sunday, August 11, 2013.
What’s Jackson doing there?
Jackson will kick-off the Cats R Cool program with the first of several “Cats Uncaged Tour” dates. Cats R Cool is a partnership between Jackson, The Animal Rescue Site and Petfinder, to educate animal shelters and volunteers about working with cats in shelter and foster environments.
Jackson’s presentation at Catapalooza will focus on what he calls “Cat Mojo” – the ability to recognize the inner drive and needs of cats to stave off boredom and anxiety while they wait for their forever homes.
Shelter staff and volunteers attending will learn how to:
- Identify signs of stress in felines
- Take proactive measures to prevent these signs of stress from developing in the first place
- Increase adoptions by showing potential adopters what a great “product” cats are
- Enrich cat and kitten behavior by enriching their environment
Wanna be there for Jackson’s presentation?
Seattle Humane Society
13212 SE Eastgate Way
Bellevue, WA 98005
The talk will take place in a tent outside the auditorium in the Resource Center.
Saturday, August 10, 2013 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
What else is happening at Catapalooza?
- Face painting, cat-toy making and education station for kids
- Tellington touch (TTouch) for Cats healing bodywork demonstrations
- Expert cat advice and information
- Cat-centric art, treats, leashes, collars and more
- MaxMobile adoption vehicle showcasing adoptable kitties
The first 125 cat adopters at the event will receive an adoption bag with grooming supplies, cat toys, cat treats, and more.
We regret that Jackson does not answer questions posted in the comments. This is due to his demanding schedule and the high volume of requests he receives. But most importantly, since he has not met your cat, it would be contrary to his approach for him to give specific personalized advice for your specific situation. That being said, general questions and issues are addressed throughout this blog, in his book CAT DADDY and of course, the show My Cat From Hell.