A growing encyclopedia on all things cat care.

Archive | Cat Tips RSS feed for this section

CAT MOJO: Find Out Why Your Cat Is Being Crazy!

Your cat won’t just randomly do things. There is always a good reason. Investigate that reason with the help of Cat Journalism and Jackson, who is offering to help 3 viewers determine the cause behind their cat’s recent acts… …on this episode of Cat Mojo. The Cat Mojo show is Jackson’s personal online web series. Subscribe […]

Continue Reading Comments { 13 }

CAT MOJO: What Your Children Can Learn From The Cat

Children and pets can form a special bond that lasts a lifetime, but what are some ways to achieve that relationship without tears or scratches? Jackson has a few helpful tips in this episode of Cat Mojo. The Cat Mojo show is Jackson’s personal online web series. Subscribe and join #TeamCatMojo!

Continue Reading Comments { 12 }

CAT MOJO: You’re Feeding Your Cat All Wrong!

The first thing Jackson would tell you if you asked about your cat’s odd behavior? Stop free feeding! Learn how you could be using food as a tool with your cat. All in this week’s episode of Cat Mojo. The Cat Mojo show is Jackson’s personal online web series. Subscribe and join #TeamCatMojo!

Continue Reading Comments { 48 }

Jackson at a FREE Event in San Diego on Apr. 5, 2014

UPDATE:  SCROLL DOWN FOR PHOTOS OF THE EVENT! Hey there San Diego!  Jackson’s just wrapped shooting for season five of My Cat From Hell – some episodes take place in your cool city by the bay — but he’s coming back for more. What’s Going On in San Diego? The San Diego Humane Society & SPCA […]

Continue Reading Comments { 7 }

In-Depth Mojo: Kashmir & Riyo – Symptoms vs. Disease

Jackson talks about looking beyond the obvious when addressing cat problems. Animals don’t do things randomly. And what you think is the problem may just be the symptom, not the source. Read on for Jackson’s explanations of these concepts, using the cases of Kashmir and Riyo as examples.   Here’s In-Depth Mojo: Season 4, Episode […]

Continue Reading Comments { 19 }

In-Depth Mojo: Buddha & Dylan – Cat Temples & Territories

It’s all about territory.  It’s one of the basic needs of cats. In this post, Jackson talks about how the issue of territory came into play with the cases of Buddha and Dylan. For more, check out this companion post where Jackson lets you in on the holistic remedies that he uses in situations like […]

Continue Reading Comments { 20 }

In-Depth Mojo: Max & Capri – The Hand-Off Technique

Jackson always has a new technique up his sleeve to help you help cats, and the people that care for them. This one is called The Hand-Off.  When a cat attacks everyone except their guardian, you can use the guardian’s “insider status” with the cat to help widen that cat’s circle of trust…and spread the […]

Continue Reading Comments { 19 }

In-Depth Mojo: Pink & Zoey – normal vs. abnormal aggression

There’s normal cat aggression (the kind that can be explained and addressed using cat mojo) and then there’s abnormal cat aggression that stems from even deeper issues. The cases of Pink and Zoey are terrific examples of both types. Here’s Jackson on the cases of Pink and Zoey. For even more info, see this companion post […]

Continue Reading Comments { 11 }

In-Depth Mojo: Snickers & Dexter – training yourself to listen to your cat

Sometimes humans just don’t understand. Both these cat cases are great illustrations of how really understanding your cat is often 90% of the “battle” when solving cat-behavior problems. The other 10% of course, is actually doing something about it, making changes in the cat’s routine or environment. Read below for Jackson’s take on the cases […]

Continue Reading Comments { 11 }

In-Depth Mojo: Bea & Fi – grumpiness and litter box phobia

Sometimes the problem isn’t the cat and their history.  Sometimes it is.  We get to see both scenarios in this installment of In-Depth Mojo – a behind-the-scenes look at the cases you see on My Cat FromHell – from Jackson’s point of view. Also available: this companion post about Spirit Essences holistic remedies for animals that […]

Continue Reading Comments { 31 }